WHOVIANS CREATE IS CLOSED
Welcome! If you are not yet a member then please join! If you are already signed up then welcome back and keep on enjoying this awesome forum! Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome! If you are not yet a member then please join! If you are already signed up then welcome back and keep on enjoying this awesome forum! Very Happy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Toys!

+3
Dalek101
Kambei
doctorwho11
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Toys! Empty Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Toys!

Post by Guest Wed 01 Jun 2011, 6:41 pm

I love anything retro and I love Star Wars, as many will know, and once upon a time I found a vintage ESB Sensorscope R2-D2 loose in a load of my grandad's old stuff (it belonged to my uncle back in the day). And ever since I have loved vintage Star Wars figures, but only recently have I decided I will collect all 92 released figures (and the unlisted variants that are out there, too). I may get a few vehicles too, but only the important ones like the Falcon, X-Wing, TIE-Fighter etc.

My collection thus far stands at 8 fugures - only another 84 to go! LOL

Here's some pictures of the first 7 I got;

Here are the figures I have somewhat 'inherited' over the years;

Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Toys! Pict0034

And here are the ones I have bought out of my own money over the last two weeks. It's not much but I hope it's the beginning to what will be a complete loose collection!

Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Toys! Pict0035

Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Toys! Pict0036

Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Toys! Pict0037

Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Toys! Pict0038

Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Toys! Pict0039

Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Toys! Pict0040

Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Toys! Pict0041

Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Toys! Pict0042

Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Toys! Pict0043

But my newest arrival, the eighth figure, is this; I just received my small head Han Solo, and he is so cool! Goes nicely with the modern "Big Momma Falcon," too;

Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Toys! S1190010

Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Toys! S1190011

Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Toys! S1190012

Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Toys! S1190013

Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Toys! S1190014

Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Toys! S1190015

Well I am definitely pleasantly surprised! The pictures on eBay made him look a bit more of a beater than he actually is in hand, though he still has some paint loss on the hair and his hands. Other than that he is pretty mint. The limbs aren't very loose, either.

Also, I'm quite happy about the gun. The listing never mentioned it and the picture never showed it so I was happy to find it at the bottom of the package this morning! Very Happy

I don't have the big head version but I know that if/when I get it, I will much prefer this version.

But yeah, that's that for now. Vintage figures FTW! I'm expecting a few more first 12 figures from eBay. Should be with me soon! I'll keep this thread updated everytime I get new vintage SW items. Smile
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Toys! Empty Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Toys!

Post by Guest Wed 01 Jun 2011, 7:51 pm

I once had a couple of them! I had the Vader. Sadly he is not with us. Dissapered and has not been seen since.. Sad
Anyway love these figures! Very, very nice! beaming
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Toys! Empty Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Toys!

Post by Guest Wed 01 Jun 2011, 8:08 pm

Drsuperwho wrote:I once had a couple of them! I had the Vader. Sadly he is not with us. Dissapered and has not been seen since.. Sad
Anyway love these figures! Very, very nice! beaming

Aw that's a shame! Sad I lost Artoo for a long time a while back, thankfully I found him right in the corner of the room behind my desk. Laughing
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by doctorwho11 Wed 01 Jun 2011, 10:13 pm

I am not a StarWars fan but you have an awesome collection of the vintage stuff so far!

I can't wait to see it progress as time goes by!

DW11
doctorwho11

Warning Level :
Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Toys! Left_bar_bleue5 / 55 / 5Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Toys! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Jun 2011, 11:57 pm

doctorwho11 wrote:I am not a StarWars fan but you have an awesome collection of the vintage stuff so far!

I can't wait to see it progress as time goes by!

DW11

Thanks! I can't wait too! It's gunna be fun! Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Jun 2011, 8:54 pm

Today I received some more figures; Luke, Ben, Chewie and a Stormie! Smile

Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Toys! S1200010

Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Toys! S1200011

Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Toys! S1200012

Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Toys! S1200013

Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Toys! S1200014

Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Toys! S1200015

Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Toys! S1200016

Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Toys! S1200017

Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Toys! S1200018

Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Toys! S1200019

Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Toys! S1200020

Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Toys! S1200021

Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Toys! S1200022

Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Toys! S1200023

Awesomeness! Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by doctorwho11 Fri 03 Jun 2011, 10:03 pm

Your collection is improving by the day! Smile

Are you trying to get all of the main characters first?

DW11
doctorwho11

Warning Level :
Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Toys! Left_bar_bleue5 / 55 / 5Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Toys! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Jun 2011, 10:14 pm

doctorwho11 wrote:Your collection is improving by the day! Smile

Are you trying to get all of the main characters first?

DW11

Well I'm doing it wave by wave, and fortunately wave 1 (also known as "The First 12") has all of the main characters in it like Vader, Ben, Luke, Chewie etc etc.

Princess Leia is on her way in the post! Smile
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by doctorwho11 Fri 03 Jun 2011, 10:24 pm

Ahh it sounds awesome!

If you don't mind me asking how much do you pay for each one?

DW11
doctorwho11

Warning Level :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Jun 2011, 10:28 pm

doctorwho11 wrote:Ahh it sounds awesome!

If you don't mind me asking how much do you pay for each one?

DW11

Price varies, but the quality of the figures I'm purchasing (they're pretty beaten up, missing accessories etc) makes sure that they aren't too expensive. But on average, about £5.00 - £10.00 each.

However, if I wanted these carded I'd be paying hundreds.

And also, if you want to get the last wave they made ["The Final 17" or "The Power of the Force Line") then they are more than £40 each, loose, as they did not make very many of that wave as it was their last and so it's very rare. Again, if you want that wave carded then you'll be paying, and I mean literally now, over £3000 each figure. That's how rare they are.

Lucky I only want beaten up loose figures, eh? Razz
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Kambei Sat 04 Jun 2011, 10:11 am

I still have a full set in storage. Completed it about 29 years ago. Car boot sales were invaluable back then. people didn't realise how much some of the figures were worth and I was picking up RotJ for 20p each. I even have teh original Max Rebo set. Got the entire new set now, including the dancers.
Kambei

Warning Level :

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalek101 Sat 04 Jun 2011, 10:45 am

Good collection, that falcon is a good playset and liking the shot with the stormtrooper and the tardis Wink
Dalek101
Dalek101

Warning Level :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Jun 2011, 3:07 pm

Kambei wrote:I still have a full set in storage. Completed it about 29 years ago. Car boot sales were invaluable back then. people didn't realise how much some of the figures were worth and I was picking up RotJ for 20p each. I even have teh original Max Rebo set. Got the entire new set now, including the dancers.

That's awesome! I hope to complete my collection over the next year or so. Not sureif I'll get all of the vehicles butI'll definitely get the main ones, like the Faclon, X-Wing, TIE-Fighter etc.

Dalek101 wrote:Good collection, that falcon is a good playset and liking the shot with the stormtrooper and the tardis Wink

Thanks! That Falcon isn't actually vintage, I should note. The vintage one is much smaller. This Millenium Falcon is a newer version from The Legacy Collection. Smile
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Jun 2011, 6:16 pm

Also, here is my collection of modern vintage carded figures thus far;

Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Toys! S1210012

And my latest addition.... Something I got for a whopping £15.00.... The Rocket Firing Boba Fett!!

Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Toys! S1210013

Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Toys! S1210014

Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 09 Jun 2011, 9:17 pm

Got my Princess Leia today!

Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Toys! S1220010

Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by doctorwho11 Fri 10 Jun 2011, 8:09 am

Your collection really is growing Scary! Smile

Can I just ask where are you putting everything? LOL!

DW11
doctorwho11

Warning Level :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Jun 2011, 3:38 pm

doctorwho11 wrote:Your collection really is growing Scary! Smile

Can I just ask where are you putting everything? LOL!

DW11

They're all in a box for now. I can't display them yet anyway as I need stands for them. Wink
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The Time Lord Fri 10 Jun 2011, 4:28 pm

Awesome collection there my friend! Smile Looking forward to seeing how this one develops.
The Time Lord
The Time Lord

Warning Level :

Back to top Go down

Post by Kambei Fri 10 Jun 2011, 7:15 pm

Scary, do you ever use this site:

http://www.rebelscum.com/vintage.asp

Probably the best collectors site for Star Wars figures. I often use teh Photo Archive when looking for figure parts.
Kambei

Warning Level :

Back to top Go down

Post by doctorwho11 Fri 10 Jun 2011, 11:32 pm

You will have to get a stand then Scary! Smile

Cant keep old toys in a box! LOL!

DW11
doctorwho11

Warning Level :

Back to top Go down

Post by Scary Sun 04 Dec 2011, 5:08 pm

It's been a while since I've posted in this thread! Not had much to share! Some more items on their way to me in the post that should arrive next week though.

These are figures that a very kind friend sent to me:

Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Toys! S1440010

The Bespin Guard's mustache reminds me a little bit of Freddie Mercury! Razz

Bohemian Rhapsody
Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Toys! Freddi10

And here are a few of my '12 Back' figures that I got a while back (more pictures in the former part of the thread).

Meet the family...
Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Toys! Family10

When your Dad is an evil inter-galactic dictator... It can make family life a bit awkward...Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Toys! S1440011

Italian Star Wars?
Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Toys! S1440012

Backdrop = 'The Living Room Playset' from "Simpsons: The World of Springfield" line.

And yes, before you ask, the backdrop is a Simpsons playset. Razz
Scary
Scary

Warning Level :

Back to top Go down

Post by Campion Sun 04 Dec 2011, 5:21 pm

Chewbacca and Darth are awesome! LOL!
Campion
Campion

Warning Level :

Back to top Go down

Post by Scary Sun 04 Dec 2011, 5:30 pm

All of them are. Razz
Scary
Scary

Warning Level :

Back to top Go down

Post by The Fourth Doctor Sun 04 Dec 2011, 6:46 pm

They are awesome. It's amazing you have a vinyl cloak still attached to your Vader. Most of them are either in poor condition or lost completely. I have to say, I love the idea of the retractable light saber. Green Grin
The Fourth Doctor
The Fourth Doctor

Warning Level :

http://www.longstripyscarf.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Scary Sun 04 Dec 2011, 8:38 pm

The vinyl on Ben is ripped to shreds though. Razz But yeah, Vader's, Leia's and my Tusken Raider's are fine.

Yeah, I love their sabres too! It's one of the best things about the vintage figures! Smile
Scary
Scary

Warning Level :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next