WHOVIANS CREATE IS CLOSED
Welcome! If you are not yet a member then please join! If you are already signed up then welcome back and keep on enjoying this awesome forum! Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome! If you are not yet a member then please join! If you are already signed up then welcome back and keep on enjoying this awesome forum! Very Happy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kambei's Star Wars Expanded Universe Customs Update 4

5 posters

Go down

Kambei's Star Wars Expanded Universe Customs Update 4 Empty Kambei's Star Wars Expanded Universe Customs Update 4

Post by Kambei Sat 10 Mar 2012, 3:35 pm

Been a while since I put a custom up. Nearly six months, in fact. Taking my time getting back into the hobby, so I started with three remakes of customs I made several years ago, all Star Wars Expanded Universe.

Gallandro:

from the novels: 'Han Solo's Revenge' and 'Han Solo and the Lost Legacy'

Kambei's Star Wars Expanded Universe Customs Update 4 Gallandro01-1

Kambei's Star Wars Expanded Universe Customs Update 4 Gallandro02-1

Head: Bail Organa
Torso/Arms/Jacket: Tatooine (Lost Scene) Biggs Darklighter
Legs: Harry Potter
Gunbelt/Blaster: Not sure
Scarf: ribbon

I wanted a book-accurate Gallandro figure, not the illustration we commonlly see: the picture from The Essential Guide to Characters. In both 'Han Solo's Revenge' and 'Han Solo and teh Lost Legacy' he is described as wearing a short grey jacket, grey trousers and polished black shoes. I expect if Hasbro ever get round to making a figure, it will be the Essential Guide version.

Amaiza Foxtrain:

from Marvel Comics Star Wars (1977)

Kambei's Star Wars Expanded Universe Customs Update 4 Amaiza01

Kambei's Star Wars Expanded Universe Customs Update 4 Amaiza02

Head: Golden Compass Mrs Coulter
Figure: Aurra Sing
Hands: Clone Wars Boba Fett

Han Solo: Amaiza, did anyone ever tell you that you talk too much?
Amaiza: One guy,... once. Last I heard, his widow was living it up on Bestine with his death benefits.

Last time, I used a Spy Troops Baroness figure. It never really looked right to me. This time I managed to snag an extra 3D packaging Aurra Sing. A few bits of vinyl tape, a new head and hands and a complete repaint and done. Got a far more comic accurate version.

Jaxxon:

from Marvel Comics Star Wars (1977)

Kambei's Star Wars Expanded Universe Customs Update 4 Jaxxon01

Kambei's Star Wars Expanded Universe Customs Update 4 Jaxxon02

Head: cast from original version that I sculpted, with new ears and whiskers
Body: Pax Bonika (Rodian)
Hands: Microman
Gunbelt/Blasters: Clone Wars Boba Fett
Feet: Sculpted

I was quite happy with teh first version I did, but I wanted to update it. The Pax/Greedo/Rodian body was perfect for his bodysuit. I cast the original head that i sculpted and made new ears and added whiskers this time. Had to drill out the wrist holes to fit the Microman hands in, but they were just overlarge enough to look right.

Starhoppers:

Kambei's Star Wars Expanded Universe Customs Update 4 Starhoppers

Working on several other EU figures, especially from the Marvel Comics.

Nice simple LBC to be going on with while I work on another custom and wait for nother figure to arrive to make a 'comic pack'

Admiral Daala:

from the 'Jedi Academy Trilogy'

Kambei's Star Wars Expanded Universe Customs Update 4 Daala

Head: Harry Potter: half-Blood Prince Ginny Weasley
Figure: Comic Pack Deena Shan
Rank Pin: Comic Pack Lt. Jundland

Been meaning to do this figure for a long time. I did consider using a MU Black Widow head, but the styling on the Ginny Weasley head makes it different. I cut the rank pin off the Lt jundland figure and glued it on the Deena Shan body. Just needed a coat of paint on the hair and done.

Last edited by Kambei on Thu 29 Mar 2012, 10:10 pm; edited 3 times in total
Kambei

Warning Level :
Kambei's Star Wars Expanded Universe Customs Update 4 Left_bar_bleue5 / 55 / 5Kambei's Star Wars Expanded Universe Customs Update 4 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Kambei's Star Wars Expanded Universe Customs Update 4 Empty Re: Kambei's Star Wars Expanded Universe Customs Update 4

Post by Cody Sat 10 Mar 2012, 3:54 pm

Really great work, Kambei, you never fail to impress beaming
I think we were all starting to wonder where you'd got to.
Great to see you back Smile
Cody

Warning Level :
Kambei's Star Wars Expanded Universe Customs Update 4 Left_bar_bleue5 / 55 / 5Kambei's Star Wars Expanded Universe Customs Update 4 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Kambei's Star Wars Expanded Universe Customs Update 4 Empty Re: Kambei's Star Wars Expanded Universe Customs Update 4

Post by Scary Sat 10 Mar 2012, 5:01 pm

Wonderful stuff, Kambei! I remember seeing the comic with Jaxxon in a collection video on Youtube. There were some strange things that came out of those comics. LOL! However, loving the amazing head sculpt! Phenomenal!

cheers
Scary
Scary

Warning Level :

Back to top Go down

Post by Kambei Mon 19 Mar 2012, 7:31 pm

Continuing on the theme of teh Marvel Comics run, I did a couple of characters from the last year:

Bey:

Kambei's Star Wars Expanded Universe Customs Update 4 Bey01

Head: Lanard
Body: MU Gladiator
Feet: Thor Frost Giant
Sash: purple face cloth
Sword: GI Joe

Knife:

Kambei's Star Wars Expanded Universe Customs Update 4 Knife

Head: MU Namor
Body: Comic Pack Luke Skywalker
Knives: GI Joe
Sash: Legacy Jawa

Kambei's Star Wars Expanded Universe Customs Update 4 Bey02

Kambei's Star Wars Expanded Universe Customs Update 4 Bey03

I made Bey a few years ago using a Mattel JLU figure. I always meant to remake, finally got around to it.

Original:
Kambei's Star Wars Expanded Universe Customs Update 4 Bey
Kambei

Warning Level :

Back to top Go down

Post by Scary Mon 19 Mar 2012, 8:13 pm

Great stuff once again, Kambei! Love seeing your customs!
Scary
Scary

Warning Level :

Back to top Go down

Post by The Fourth Doctor Fri 23 Mar 2012, 5:10 pm

Very cool indeed. I love that people make figures like these that are not in any way linked to the films but have vital roles in the comics. Such fun. Green Grin
The Fourth Doctor
The Fourth Doctor

Warning Level :

http://www.longstripyscarf.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kambei Fri 23 Mar 2012, 5:52 pm

They made Lumiya and one or two others, but there are an awful lot of comics characters that will probably never see teh light of day. I think Lumiya and Shira Brie got made simply because the character has carried over into teh recent novels. The Shadows of the Empire figures got made because of teh tie-in with the video game.

Going to be putting some critters up tomorrow.
Kambei

Warning Level :

Back to top Go down

Post by Kambei Sat 24 Mar 2012, 2:21 pm

Jozzel Moffett (Underworld: The Yavin Vassilika):

Kambei's Star Wars Expanded Universe Customs Update 4 JozzelMoffett01

Kambei's Star Wars Expanded Universe Customs Update 4 YavinVasilika

Complete figure: Clone Wars Aurra Sing
Extra Belt: Legacy Jawa

I liked the character of Jozzel Moffett from Underworld: The Yavin Vassilika, and was somewhat perturbed that she was the only fatality in the whole four issues. In my Star Wars 'verse, she survived and nurses a grudge against all the other players.
Easy custom to make. I always thought that she looked very like Aurra Sing, so when I had the chance to get a couple of cheap Clone Wars figures, I decided to give the figure a go. Not much needed doing; new hair, sanding down one of the holsters, cutting down the gunbelt, adding another belt and adding some wraps to her forearms plus a repaint.

Hoojibs:

Kambei's Star Wars Expanded Universe Customs Update 4 Hoojibs01

Kambei's Star Wars Expanded Universe Customs Update 4 S6303395

Cast and modified Hare from Golden Compass Lee Scoresby figure

While I am on an EU jag, and especially the Marvel Comics run, I thought I would attempt something I have wanted to make for a long time. The telepathic Hoojibs from the Planet Arbra that appeared in the comic from issue 55 onwards.
I had some spare hares from the Lee Scoresby figures, so I cut off the ears and sculpted a new head on. I then made a mold and cast several up. I added new ears with milliput and used a piece of jewellers wire to make the antenna. I could have molded the ears a s well, but I wanted to make each one unique, apart from the colours.
Kambei

Warning Level :

Back to top Go down

Post by Kambei Thu 29 Mar 2012, 10:15 pm

Super-Articulated ANH Han Solo:

Kambei's Star Wars Expanded Universe Customs Update 4 SAHan01

Kambei's Star Wars Expanded Universe Customs Update 4 SAHan02

Kambei's Star Wars Expanded Universe Customs Update 4 SAHan03

Upper body/belt/lower legs: Vintage Collection Han Solo
Upper legs/Groin: Vintage Collection Endor Capture Luke Skywalker
Blastech DL-44 Blaster Pistol: Marauder John with long Hasbro scope

When I saw The Fourth Doctor's ANH Han using a Harry Potter Weasley Twins figure, it got me thinking about articulating the hips on a Vintage Collection Han. I thought about using a VC Bespin Han, but 1) I am not keen on the hip articulation, 2) they are like unicorn poodoo to get hold of, and 3) when they are available, they average around £50 GBP. I managed to get a spare VC Han and looked around for alternative legs. I suddenly thought about the VC Endor Capture Luke. I disassembled the torso on the Han and cut the belt away from the legs. I had to cut the Luke in half as the plastic is quite rigid. I then boiled and popped the lower legs on both figures and swapped them over so that they were not too short. I glued the belt on top of the legs. I needed the belt and plug as they fit back into the torso perfectly. I printed out a blood-stripe onto vinyl and started and assembling the figure.

I am extremely pleased with teh result as it keeps the nice clean lines of teh VC Han while allowing for more dynamic poses.

Again, thanks to The Fourth Doctor for the inspiration on this.
Kambei

Warning Level :

Back to top Go down

Post by Scary Thu 29 Mar 2012, 10:44 pm

Brilliant stuff as per usual!
Scary
Scary

Warning Level :

Back to top Go down

Post by The Fourth Doctor Mon 02 Apr 2012, 6:47 pm

Wow. Certainly better than mine. Superb. Green Grin
The Fourth Doctor
The Fourth Doctor

Warning Level :

http://www.longstripyscarf.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin's Customs Sun 15 Apr 2012, 1:47 pm

Very Nice Figures
Kevin's Customs
Kevin's Customs

Warning Level :

http://shop.ebay.com/ncc_3701b/m.html?_trksid=p4340.l2562

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum