WHOVIANS CREATE IS CLOSED
Welcome! If you are not yet a member then please join! If you are already signed up then welcome back and keep on enjoying this awesome forum! Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome! If you are not yet a member then please join! If you are already signed up then welcome back and keep on enjoying this awesome forum! Very Happy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Batman: All programs, films and of course... comics...

3 posters

Go down

Batman: All programs, films and of course... comics... Empty Batman: All programs, films and of course... comics...

Post by The Fourth Doctor Wed 30 May 2012, 4:29 pm

I guess this is probably the best place to put this topic. I've recently got into reading proper comics and I particularly like Batman. Marvel seems a tad boring and even the adult kinds of Spider-man isn't my forte. I haven't seen the films and I only find the one lot of 90s cartoons I used to watch when I was younger only... good. I much prefer the darker comics and the amazing art some scenes contain. I need to catch up on a few issues to read fully a really good story. Anyone else like this very old and reinvented time and time again character?

TFD Green Grin
The Fourth Doctor
The Fourth Doctor

Warning Level :
Batman: All programs, films and of course... comics... Left_bar_bleue5 / 55 / 5Batman: All programs, films and of course... comics... Right_bar_bleue

http://www.longstripyscarf.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Batman: All programs, films and of course... comics... Empty Re: Batman: All programs, films and of course... comics...

Post by Campion Sun 12 Aug 2012, 9:36 pm

As you can tell I like Batman. My favourite story thing would be Under The Red Hood, when the Joker kills Robin and then he comes back. Just awesome. Shame they didn't use that in The Dark Knight movie.
Campion
Campion

Warning Level :
Batman: All programs, films and of course... comics... Left_bar_bleue5 / 55 / 5Batman: All programs, films and of course... comics... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Batman: All programs, films and of course... comics... Empty Re: Batman: All programs, films and of course... comics...

Post by SeaDevil Mon 13 Aug 2012, 12:00 am

I've always been a Batman guy. Ever since I could remember. I have thirty or so years of comics from 1964 until the mid 90's or so. I also have loys of new and vintage toys and DVDs of virtually every incarnation of him from the movie serials, the TV show, Super Friends and Filmation cartoons, the Batman Animated Series, and of course the films.

TONS of stuff...
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Warning Level :

Back to top Go down

Post by The Fourth Doctor Mon 13 Aug 2012, 12:00 pm

I recently bought a graphic novel with Dick Grayson as Batman called Eye of the Beholder. It's been really good so far. I'm wanting to get The Man Who Laughs which is sort of Joker's origin and/or stories around the first Joker created in Batman #1. It's around £30 in hardback so I'll probably get the paperback version. The title comes from a silent film based on a book set in the late 17th century. The actor playing the main part is the original inspiration for the Joker's appearance. Here:

Batman: All programs, films and of course... comics... 68719951167b3zOeGFBc

The only difference in character is that this man is nice and has a general loving feeling for the women you see. Here's a link to a wiki page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Man_Who_Laughs_(1928_film)

Here's the graphic novel I'd love to get:

Batman: All programs, films and of course... comics... 250px-Themanwholaughs

Batmanmarch did his own version of the story, but parts 1 and 3 have been taken down due to Copyright on the music which is silly. If anything, people who make their own stories based on TV and book characters on YouTube who make no profit actually do more good than harm. They make people get into a franchise that they might not otherwise have tried. Green Grin
The Fourth Doctor
The Fourth Doctor

Warning Level :

http://www.longstripyscarf.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down