WHOVIANS CREATE IS CLOSED
Welcome! If you are not yet a member then please join! If you are already signed up then welcome back and keep on enjoying this awesome forum! Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome! If you are not yet a member then please join! If you are already signed up then welcome back and keep on enjoying this awesome forum! Very Happy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Universe of Horror

2 posters

Go down

A Universe of Horror Empty A Universe of Horror

Post by Kambei Thu 24 May 2012, 10:50 pm

Just wondering if these count as canon or non-canon?!? After all, they made an appearence in the William Hartnell story: 'The Chase' Wink

Did these a couple of years ago. 2010 marked the 75th anniversary of the film 'Bride of Frankenstein'. I was going to pose 'The Bride' with my Burger King Frankenstein figure, but then I decided to go all out and make a better monster. I Franken-Joed the parts left over from my Doc Savage custom, and used two figures for 'The Bride' as well. Seemed somehow appropriate making them like that. Screams of "It's Alive!!!!" accompanied their completion, nerd that I am.
I have a great love for the original two films. They were the first horror films that i can remember watching; back when i was nine.

Frankenstein's Monster:
A Universe of Horror Frank01

Head: Cast from Burger King figure
Electrodes: GI Joe rifle barrel
Upper Torso/waist: MU Piledriver
Legs: MU Luke cage
Coat: Golden Compass Lee Scorsby

Used a hot knife to create the scars. I redid the eyes. The first attempt looked far too wide eyed. I am happier with this look; increased the size of the upper eyelids and put some light grey shadowing under the eyes.

The Bride of Frankenstein:
A Universe of Horror Bride02 A Universe of Horror Bride01

Head: SW Comic Pack Imperial Disguise Denna Shan with sculpted hair
Body: GI Joe RoC Baroness
Robes: cotton t-shirt
Bandages: satin ribbon

This was a labour of love. I settled on a Rise of Cobra Baroness as it is a little on the skinny side. I sent Igor out for a head. Er, I mean I found a suitable head in my parts box. Had to be one with very short hair and the ears showing. I debated multiple ways of doing the white bands on the side of the beehive cut, but went with some thinly rolled green stuff. I used black Milliput for the hair for ease on painting later. I used the same pattern to cut the front and back for the robes that I have been using to make soft goods cloaks on some of my recent figures. I looked at various ways of doing the bandages, but in the end, thin white satin ribbon glued onto the arms proved to be the best, then i just dry brushed over it with off-white paint.

Here are a couple of pics of the happy couple:

A Universe of Horror Frank02

A Universe of Horror Frank02a

Had to do one in black and white as a homage to the films.

Next up we jump forward a couple of decades:

Darcula: Prince of Darkness

Made a Dracula custom way back when the Mattel DCIH Joker first came out. I finished up my Mandrake the Magician custom and realised what a great Hammer Horror Dracula it would make. I was never happy with the original head I used, but then I was contemplating taking some shots with a new custom, and I suddenly realised that i had made a mold from a Count Dooku head. I cast it, sanded the facial hair off and repainted it. Much happier now that I have a Christopher Lee Dracula.

A Universe of Horror Dracula01

A Universe of Horror Dracula02

Head: Count Dooku
Body: DCIH Joker
Hands: Microlady
Cloak: softgoods
Dio: MacFarlane Monsters Dracula Playset
Kambei

Warning Level :
A Universe of Horror Left_bar_bleue5 / 55 / 5A Universe of Horror Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

A Universe of Horror Empty Re: A Universe of Horror

Post by Captain Mac Tue 26 Jun 2012, 12:11 pm

these are cool customs
Captain Mac
Captain Mac

Warning Level :
A Universe of Horror Left_bar_bleue5 / 55 / 5A Universe of Horror Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Kambei Tue 26 Jun 2012, 3:41 pm

Captain Mac wrote:these are cool customs

Thank you. I have always had a love of the old horror and sci-fi movies. I still keep looking at making the Walter Murnau/Max Schreck Count Orlock from 'Nosferatu'. I have one or two ideas, but I need some new custom fodder, and a head that looks creepy enough.

One more I did for the same 'Halloween Challenge' was the Haitian Voodoo King 'Baron Samedi:

A Universe of Horror BaronSamedi01

A Universe of Horror BaronSamedi02

Entire figure: Indiana Jones Crystal Skull Ugha Warrior
Hat: cast from 1970s Pocket Super Heroes Penguin
Cloak: Star Wars Order 66 Palpatine

Fairly easy figure to make. I already had the mold for the hat that I used to make a Penguin custom a couple of years back. Just took the top-knot and ponytail off the warrior, changed the skin tone and painted an idealised skeleton on him.
Kambei

Warning Level :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum