WHOVIANS CREATE IS CLOSED
Welcome! If you are not yet a member then please join! If you are already signed up then welcome back and keep on enjoying this awesome forum! Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome! If you are not yet a member then please join! If you are already signed up then welcome back and keep on enjoying this awesome forum! Very Happy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not the Nine O'Clock News - *May be unsuitable for younger people*

2 posters

Go down

Not the Nine O'Clock News - *May be unsuitable for younger people* Empty Not the Nine O'Clock News - *May be unsuitable for younger people*

Post by The Fourth Doctor Thu 08 Dec 2011, 6:22 pm

A comedy sketch show that ran in the late 70s and into the 80s. This is where Rowan Atkinson made his comedy television debut. The series was filled with incredibly funny (and occasionally rude, but most of the time fine) sketches. They also wrote some funny songs. One of these that I shan't mention, was incredibly rude, but older people may know of it.

Use this thread to talk about this program. Here are some of my favourite sketches:

The videos above I have made sure are suitable for most people. You will find that many of the video links next to the videos on YouTube may be less suitable.

Not the Nine O'Clock News frequently pulled fun at the Conservative government that was in at the time. Many of their sketches include insults towards the Tories and quite often Margaret Thatcher. Some are just making fun of everyday people and quite often these are more entertaining. I hope you like them and that this topic isn't too unsuitable. Every effort has been made to try and censor the stuff written here. Green Grin
The Fourth Doctor
The Fourth Doctor

Warning Level :
Not the Nine O'Clock News - *May be unsuitable for younger people* Left_bar_bleue5 / 55 / 5Not the Nine O'Clock News - *May be unsuitable for younger people* Right_bar_bleue

http://www.longstripyscarf.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Not the Nine O'Clock News - *May be unsuitable for younger people* Empty Re: Not the Nine O'Clock News - *May be unsuitable for younger people*

Post by Campion Thu 08 Dec 2011, 6:39 pm

Got to love NTNON. One of the best sketch shows off all time. It was the first big break for Atkinson, Mel Smith, Griffth Rhy Jones and Pamela Stephenson. Produced by the great John Lloyd as well. One of the sketches was writtern by Stephen Fry. Apparntely they where going to use it in one of the Cambridge Footlights shows. Fry was thrilled by it but when he told Hugh Laurie all Hugh could say was:
"Well now we can'ts use it can we?!" Razz
Campion
Campion

Warning Level :
Not the Nine O'Clock News - *May be unsuitable for younger people* Left_bar_bleue5 / 55 / 5Not the Nine O'Clock News - *May be unsuitable for younger people* Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Not the Nine O'Clock News - *May be unsuitable for younger people* Empty Re: Not the Nine O'Clock News - *May be unsuitable for younger people*

Post by The Fourth Doctor Thu 08 Dec 2011, 7:44 pm

Ha ha... good one, Campion. I never knew that. I bet they were thrilled. My favourite one out of the lot I listed has got to be the last one. SO funny. I just showed it to mum. She can't remember seeing that (although she probably watched it at the time) and goggled away, just like I was. What I love about some of these sketches is that they are funny the second and third time over. That is a sketch well written. Green Grin
The Fourth Doctor
The Fourth Doctor

Warning Level :

http://www.longstripyscarf.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down